Sunday, September 12, 2010

Spread the love!



I have come across this recipe...it is simply too good not to share. Over the summer I fell in love with Mango's, I couldn't get enough of them (until I started buying the ginormous ones from Costco), and then I didn't know how to get rid of them. Luckily I stumbled onto this baby... a dessert that I could never quite replicate until now! Enjoy!!

Thai Mango Sticky Sweet Rice

1 cup uncooked sticky rice (Jasmine or sushi rice works)
1-2 ripe mango's, cut into slices
1 can coconut milk
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp coconut flavoring
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 Tbsp water

Prepare the rice as directed on the package. In a saucepan combine the coconut milk, brown sugar, salt, coconut flavoring, and vanilla. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. (Don't bring to a full boil or you will loose the good coconut flavor) Add the dissolved cornstarch and stir until thickened and smooth and then remove from heat.
To serve, spread a layer of rice on a plate. Pour coconut sauce, and top with sliced COLD mango's.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had this recipe 2 weeks ago...We bought a box of mangoes and ended up throwing a couple of them away because they ripened too fast...I'll have to give it a try!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete